By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to purchase a meal plan?

It is Shawnee State University's policy that all Campus Residents that are under classman purchase a meal plan each semester. We offer a selection of optional meal plans to our commuter students for their convenience.

Do the Commuter Block Meals carry over from semester to semester?

If you purchase a Block meal plan in the fall semester and all of the meals are not used they will carry over to the Spring Semester. However, they are not carried over past graduation of the academic year they are purchased in.

Can I change my meal plan if it does not fit my needs?

If you are a residential student you can change to a bigger or smaller meal plan. This must be done during the first week of school if using financial aid. This is offered to upperclassmen only. Please call 740-351-3222 for assistance.

If I'm not a Resident Hall Student, where do I buy my meal plan?

There are two payment options available:

  • If you would like to pay the full amount in cash or credit card you may purchase the plan of your choice directly through us by coming to our office located in the back corner of the Bear’s Den Cafeteria.
  • If you would like to have a meal plan deducted from your financial aid balance you will need to take a current copy of your student bill to the Office of Events and Conferences. They will be happy to help you.
In This Section
Important Info

Contact or (740) 351-3617.

Do You Have Special Dietary Needs?
Please let us know!  Our Campus Dining Services Program can accommodate your special dietary requirements.  For more information, please contact Rachel Steele, General Manager at (740) 351-3617 or

Dining Policies
One of our main goals is to provide a pleasant, clean, comfortable and satisfying dining experience. In order to meet this goal, we ask for your assistance with the following procedures:

  • Please bus your dishes and disposables from your table when you have finished dining
  • Please refrain from taking food, dishes or utensils from the dining area.
  • Remember that Meal Cards are non-transferable.  Meal cards cannot be used by anyone but the purchaser.
Shawnee State University | Dining Services | 940 Second Street | Portsmouth, OH 45662 | tel. (740) 351-3617 | Contact Us